NTNU Extension, School of Continuing Education Establishment Act
1. This Establishment Act of NTNU Extension, School of Continuing Education is set based on the eleventh regulation of NTNU organizational rules.
2. The NTNU Extension, School of Continuing Education (SCE) is established for several purposes, including cooperating with government's education policy, meeting the need of social development, improving the quality of education personnel, and contributing to the society by offering teaching and research resources.
3. Job Description:
-To offer continuing education of adults, teachers, and staff.
-To offer various continuing education.
-To host projects of continuing education of in-service staff.
-To host projects of international cooperation for continuing education of adults.
4. Each student/trainee will receive a graduation certificate if he/she has filled all the requirements for the graduation criteria in the training program. The professors of NTNU will be invited to design curriculum. If it is needed, the specific teachers could be employed.
-Regional Research Center: To handle the issues of continuing education for teachers and professional research development.
-Planning Section: To handle the issues of curriculum, registration, management, coordination, propagation, and evaluation.
-Admission Section: To handle the issues of propaganda and admissions.
-Student Service Section: To handle the issues of check-in at the counter, curriculum explanation, reception, the management of accommodation and student service.
-Information Technology Section: To handle the issues of distance learning, computerized administrative management, book management.
-General Affairs Section: To handle the issues of documents, general affairs, cashier, and repairs.
6. The Dean of SCE is designated by the President to be in charge of the administration. The Associate Dean is recommended by the Dean for assistance. The Secretary is responsible for coordination of all sections. The Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of the administration development in SCE. The other staff is employed based upon NTNU Teaching Staff Employment Act and Contract Employee Act.
7. The SCE business of accounting and personnel should be handled based upon NTNU related regulations.
8. The Advisory Committee is set up to be in charge of the advisory business. The committee consists of fifteen to twenty-one members, which are the President, the Dean of Schools in NTNU, and the professionals. The general meeting will be held once in a semester, hosted by the President as the Chairman and the Dean of SCE as the Executive Secretary. An impromptu meeting could be held if necessary. The committee member is a position without remuneration, besides, the term of office is one year, and the renewed employment is accepted once the term fulfills.
9. The general meeting in SCE will be hosted by the Dean with the faculty attending to discuss and evaluate the administrative execution.
9.1 The establishment and operation of SCE will be evaluated in NTNU meeting after three years.
10. This Establishment Act becomes valid after being approved by NTNU meeting, the same as revision.